Just prior to World War II, the old wooden club house which has been standing at the race course since 1900, was dismantled, moved over to its new Tiger Lane site and rebuilt with some additions and improvements. The turbulent war years nearly spelt the end of the Tiger Lane course. During the Japanese Occupation, the whole course was put under cultivation, and the greens and fairways planted over with tapioca. Immediately after the war, the club house area was used as a hard standing for heavy transport belonging to Dutch troops bound for Indonesia.
In 1946, the rehabilitation problems facing the Ipoh Golf Club committee seemed insurmountable, but they were determined men. They sought and obtained the help of the Perak Turf Club (PTC) which, with the aid of expertise under the leadership of the then Secretary, Mr. Bunny Byers, and cash assistance of $100,000, transformed the situation. By 1947, the golf course was again in play and a new body called the Ipoh Sports Club was formed to run the course. Tennis courts were also constructed.